Tuesday 11 November 2008

Ch-ch-changes [11-11-08]

Recently, a bizarre change has occurred in my life. I realise that a lot of people won't have any idea of the state of my life before the change, so I'll tell you a little about myself.

My name's Phil, and until recently, I was a young, unemployed and chronically single male, fresh out of college with a fistful of decent A-Level results, full of the joys of spring. Well, full of the joys of spring is an overstatement - I was fairly grumpy already, and the fact that the majority of my friends seemed to have lost interest in spending time with me. My health was not in the best condition it had ever been in, in fact I had been under the knife three times for the same condition, and knew I would have to go under a fourth time. I was single and alone, with a long, lonely gap year stretching out in front of me - the only people not moving on to university were leaving the country for the majority of the year. All in all, life was not going so well.

However, in late August of this year, after three months of moping around feeling sorry for myself, I got a job at a well-known stationery shop, full-time, five days a week. When I began, it didn't seem like it would change my life for the better - the hours were horrible, the people were not exactly welcoming, the pay was a little disappointing and I began to lose the will to live. I would have gone off the rails if it weren't for one person.

I saw her on my first few days, working at the tills in the days, and began to feel something which I hadn't felt in over a year. I began talking to her more and more, and eventually the feelings began to grow into something which I knew was special.

Her name was Vicky, and she was smart and funny, attractive and appreciated my truly bizarre sense of humour. Soon enough, we arranged to go out to the cinema (oh yes, I know how to treat the ladies), and something began - holding hands, hugging and kissing, and we arranged to go out again.

A few weeks later and here we are: I am unemployed once again, as even her presence couldn't stave off the insanity which would eventually engulf me, but I am no longer single. I've never felt so close to someone so early in the relationship, and it's incredible.

But enough slushy stuff. I've tried doing a daily blog before and failed miserably, but now I feel like I have some good stuff to say. I'm going to try and make a post for every day - it may not be on the day, but I will date it in the title so it can be identified. They'll be short entries, basically about an event or an observation that has occurred during the day - some days it will be more interesting than others, I will admit, but it's mostly to keep my writing skills sharp for when I start uni next year.

I'll do a better thing tomorrow, as it's quite late at the moment and my writing isn't as good as it could be.

Keep safe.

No comments: